Global Campus Medicaid and Childrens Health Insurance Program Discussion.
Global Campus Medicaid and Childrens Health Insurance Program Discussion
The United States created Medicaid—a publicly funded health care program—to assist people in obtaining health care services. Write a paper of 3-4 pages that explores Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and that addresses the following:
- What legislation introduced Medicaid, and what are the funding sources for the program?
- What are some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception?
- What are the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid, and how many people in the United States are covered by Medicaid?
- Evaluate the changes that have occurred to Medicaid with the inception of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. What are the current changes in Medicaid based on current legislation?
- Assess social and cultural changes and their impact on developing new health policies to make Medicaid and CHIP more effective.
Note: Your paper should be formatted in APA style, and it should include 4 references, 2 of which are peer-reviewed sources from health care journals and published within the last 5 years.