Ch 7 Strategies for Competing in International Markets and Ch 8 Corporate Strategy Diversification
- Media Research – “Tell me something I don’t know” article that might affect the attractiveness of that market
- Select an article from any media source that might affect business – using Ch Chapter 7 Strategies for competing in International Markets and Ch 8 Corporate Strategy concepts
- Use 2 L.O.s from Ch 7 and 2 L.O.s from Ch 8 to analyze the company’s management (each L.O. should have 3 examples at 100 words per example).
- Apply the concepts toward your final paper.
CHAPTER 7 WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND: with audio
1. The primary reasons companies choose to compete in international markets2. How and why differing market conditions across countries influence a company’s strategy choices in international markets3. The five major strategic options for entering foreign markets4. The three main strategic approaches for competing internationally5. How companies are able to use international operations to improve overall competitiveness6. The unique characteristics of competing in developing-country markets
CHAPTER 8 WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND:
1. When and how business diversification can enhance shareholder value2. How related diversification strategies can produce cross-business strategic fit capable of delivering competitive advantage3. The merits and risks of unrelated diversification strategies4. The analytic tools for evaluating a company’s diversification strategy5. What four main corporate strategy options a diversified company can employ for solidifying its strategy and improving company performance