Nam Nguyen has been prescribed the following medicines:
• Lisinopril 20 mg PO daily
• Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg PO daily in the a.m.
• Metformin 500 mg PO before breakfast and lunch
Today he had blood drawn for analysis. Following are the electrolyte panel results:
Sodium 136 mEq/L
Potassium 3.0 mEq/L
Chloride 96 mEq/L
Bicarbonate 24 mEq/L
BUN 18 mg/dL
1. Review the lab results. Compare Nam’s lab work with the established norms for these values. Based on the lab results, what kind of assessment questions would be appropriate to ask Nam?
2. Use your pharmacology text to review Nam’s medications. Which, if any, of these medicines might be contributing to Nam’s lab results?
3. What teaching would be appropriate for Nam?
For reference please use :
Treas, L. S., Wilkinson, J. M., Barnett, K. L., & Smith, M. H. (2018). Basic Nursing: Thinking, Doing, and Caring(2nd ed.).
The post Nguyens’ Elimination first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.