5000 Words (Without References) Thesis Research Proposal: The Role of Public Relations in the UAE’s Real Estate Industry
An introduction of the proposed study that provides a discipline-specific context, highlights the significance of the study, states ‘the problem’, outlining research questions, and if relevant, hypotheses (etc.).
2. A literature review: not necessarily exhaustive, but certainly inclusive of major works/studies on that topic area and judiciously selected to be representative enough of the status of the field in which the topic belongs.
(The theoretical and analytical background should come from academic articles).
3. A research design/methodology section which describes the type of study involved: subjects, data collection procedure, method of data analysis (etc.).
(Semi-structured interviews with stakeholders in the UAE’s real estate sector).
4. Bibliography containing all references cited in proposal
THE CHOSEN METHODOLOGIES: The theoretical and analytical background should come from academic articles, with the context of the UAE (field research) coming from semi-structured interviews.
TO BE MORE PRECISE:
**Structure of the research proposal:**
1. Abstract: this should include the problem under investigation; the research methodology and theoretical orientation; and the expected outcomes and implications of the research.
2. Table of Contents: the inclusion of a table of contents will depend on the scope of your research proposal.
3. Introduction: depending on the scope of your proposal, the introduction will contain a number of sub-sections. • background to the study • the significance of the study/ aims and significance of the study • the statement of the problem • research questions and hypotheses • definitions
4. Literature Review: the literature review provides the rationale for your research topic. It should give an overview of the current research on the topic area. It should identify a gap in the research. This is important because it shows why your topic is important. The literature review should also review relevant methodologies, which show how your research is to be done.
5. Research Design/ Methodology: this section will include a number of subsections. It should describe the type of study you propose to do as well as how you propose to do it. You need to describe your participants/subjects, your data collection procedure and method of data analysis, as well as the limitations of your project.
(THIS SHOULD BE SEMI-STRUCTURED INTERVIEWS WITH PROFESSIONALS IN THE UAE’s REAL ESTATE SECTOR and UAE-BASED JOURNALISTS AND UAE-BASED PUBLIC RELATIONS PROFESSIONALS).
6. Proposed Time-Frame: provide a brief timeline for your project
(THIS SHOULD BE THREE MONTHS)
7. Expected Outcomes: what you hope to achieve.
(PUBLIC RELATIONS IS ONE OF THE DRIVING ACTORS IN THE UAE’S REAL ESTATE SECTOR / PUBLIC RELATIONS INFLUENCES THE REAL ESTATE MARKET’S PERFORMANCE AS WELL AS SALES).
9. References: a full list of all references cited in your proposal.
BIBLIOGRAPHY / FORMATTING STYLE: HARVARD STYLE