Unit 8 assignment Final website EDN 303 Instructional Technology Final Project Technology Project Due Final C.
Unit 8 assignment
EDN 303: Instructional Technology
Final Project: Technology Project
Due: Final Class of 303
For this assignment you will be responsible for creating a class website and publishing it onto Google sites (or another website program such as wix.com). The directions for this assignment are clear and concise, partial credit will not be given for an incomplete or incorrect step.
For this assignment, we will be using Google Sites. However, you can use wix or weebly if you prefer. They are all fairly easy and have the own advantages and disadvantages.
*wix might be easier to use if you want to check it out. Just be aware that I cannot provide support for it.
Here is a link for a tutorial on google sites:
Google sites tutorial – https://support.google.com/sites/?hl=en#topic=6372850
If you use wix, another popular program for this assignment: https://support.wix.com/en/getting-started/templates
You are going to create a website that includes 3 pages. This website should be a technology/class webpage. The audience should be parents, students, administrators, peers.
*There should be a link to each of these pages on the sidebar.
Page 1 (Home Page) – A fun and informative introductory page containing general information about your goals as a future teacher (ie what you intend to teach).
• A “welcome” statement (at least three sentences).
• Pictures inserted about education from the Internet
• A general description of this site and its purpose.
Page 2 (Technology Page) – This page should describe your philosophy for integrating technology in teaching and learning.
• A paragraph describing how you use/intend to use technology in the classroom
• There should be a list of all the different technology that you are familiar with (especially all of the technology used in this class. Think about all of the ‘buzzwords’ I have suggested you remember this semester)
Page 3 (Sample Lesson Plan Page) – This page should provide a sample lesson plan
• Use the lesson plan format provided unless you have another from a different course that you prefer.
Submission – You should submit this assignment via blackboard to the forums