what is the larger debate that is being addressed by this book?.
The Critical Review Paper will be on William Easterly’s book The Tyranny of Experts: Economists, Dictators, and the Forgotten Rights of the Poor.
Length: 8-10 pages
Contents: the book review MUST HAVE 3 PARTS:
- Part 1: Summary of the research question and of the argument, and theoretical framework of the book
- Part 2: Internal critical evaluation of the book:
• type of evidence used, quality of the evidence
• case selection
• how well does the evidence support the argument?
• strengths of the book and glaring weaknesses, how to improve it
- Part 3: A discussion of the contribution of the book to the larger debates on Globalization (citing some of the readings of the class):
• what is the larger debate that is being addressed by this book?
• what is its main contribution?
• what are alternative views? With whom does the author agree and disagree?
• what is your personal view on the better side of the debate?