congress and the president 2.
This assignment is designed to help you think about how the founding fathers wrote the constitution and examine how the presidency and congress are functioning today.
Consider the current Congress and Office of the President.
Discuss how contemporary activities of these two branches of the U.S. government compare and contrast with the intentions of the founders. Use specific examples, and include support from at least 3 sources, 1 of which can be your textbook. Your examination of the topic should include information about the following:
- Structure and makeup of Congress
- Differences between the House of Representatives and the Senate
- Powers granted to Congress and the President under the Constitution
- Checks and balances of power, considering Congress and the President
- Roles and responsibilities of the President
- Evolution of presidential power
Format your assignment as a written paper, double spaced, with a minimum of 875 words, with intext citations, quotation marks, and an APA formatted Reference page. Remember to include a cover page, with your name and date:
- Submit your assignment.