culturally relevant research approaches compare and evaluate three research articles for cultural competency.
Assignment Description: In this assignment, you will evaluate the differences between traditional research and research approaches that take culture into consideration. What is different between these two approaches and how might each approach impact the promotion of social justice? You will examine three research articles of your choice, featuring the cultural group you have selected. You will then evaluate the method of research conducted for its level of cultural competence. To ensure that this is a scholarly research paper, explore research-based articles and books found by searching through the Capella library databases pertaining to issues of culture in research and culturally relevant research.
Search for scholarly sources in the Capella library and locate at least three articles that add to your knowledge of the cultural group you have chosen to explore for your final project. Review these articles in a 3-5 page paper in current APA format. In your paper, include the following:
- An analysis and a description of traditional research, addressing the question of its cultural relevance.
- An analysis and a description of what comprises culturally relevant research.
- An analysis and a description of at least three research studies that have addressed the cultural group (LBGT) you are exploring.
- An evaluation of the key differences between traditional research and culturally relevant research and how that impacts the cultural group (LBGT) you are exploring.
- A discussion of the relationship of culturally relevant research to the promotion of social justice for the group (LBGT) you are studying.
- Identify how to engage in collaborative practice to advocate for appropriate services.
Note: It is important to follow the assignment requirements and use the identified headings outlined for your paper under the APA formatting requirements. Papers submitted without the required headings will not be accepted for grading.
Your paper is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Resources: Minimum of five scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past 5 years.
- Length of paper: 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.