fsw 245 early childhood amp middle childhood.
In this assignment, you will reflect upon your own development as a child (or someone very close to you).
First, choose 1 of the following developmental stages (prenatal, infancy/toddlerhood, or early childhood), please discuss the following in detail: (**I already chose Early Childhood, but if you want to choose another one, please let me know since there are different reading materials assigned to each one, I will need to upload other reading materials.)
- What do you know about yourself from this period of development?
- Is it from your own memory or what you have been told?
- Include parenting behaviors/memories and example interactions.
- Be as detailed as you can.
- How does this information compare to the typical milestones for this stage? Were you early, typical, or delayed? Back up this information with references from the modules (citation as appropriate).
- What genetic/heredity factors would you suppose contributed to your development in this stage?
- Justify why you think this was genetic or inherited
- What environmental factors influenced your development in this stage? Consider:
- Historical time (compared to other eras e.g. healthcare, practices, etc)
- Parenting styles and discipline
- Geographic location
Answer all of the above questions as they pertain to middle childhood.
As with all previous short answers, you will be expected to use information from our course resources in order to answer the questions presented here. You are discouraged from simply Googling the prompts as you may be directed to information that is off-topic, without appropriate context, or out-of-date. Your first resources should be our course resources!
These questions will require more advanced thinking and consideration to earn full credit. Make sure to support your answers with detail, data and facts presented in the resources, along with ties to cultural and societal influences. You should also include theoretical perspectives as appropriate. You should NOT quote anything directly from any resources. Instead, you should paraphrase using your own words, and cite the source appropriately (APA citation preferred, but other citation methods will be accepted). When paraphrasing, think about how you would explain the concept or idea to a classmate or parent. Show me through your writing that you understand the ideas, not just that you can locate the concept in a reading.
** When you work through it, remember the following criterias:
1. You family is in upper middle class.
2. You are a girl.
*The readings related to the Early Childhood is in the “Reading related to Early childhood” file,
*The readings related to the Middle Childhood is in the “Readings related to Middle Childhood” file,
*For the pdf files: Chapter 7&8&9 is related to Early Childhood. Chapter 10&11&12 is related to Middle Childhood.