information it 8.
I have an assign
write summary and write what I learn and describe:
- A favorable comprehensive evaluation of an unsolicited proposal does not, in itself, justify awarding a contract without providing for full and open competition. The agency point of contact shall return an unsolicited proposal to the offeror, citing reasons, when its substance-
- Is available to the Government without restriction from another source;
- Closely resembles a pending competitive acquisition requirement;
- Does not relate to the activityâ€s mission; or
- Does not demonstrate an innovative and unique method, approach, or concept, or is otherwise not deemed a meritorious proposal.
- (b) The contracting officer may commence negotiations on a sole source basis only when-
- An unsolicited proposal has received a favorable comprehensive evaluation;
- A justification and approval has been obtained (see 6.302-1(a)(2)(i) for research proposals or other appropriate provisions of subpart 6.3, and 6.303-2(c));
- The agency technical office sponsoring the contract furnishes the necessary funds; and
The contracting officer has complied with the synopsis requirements of subpart 5.2.