- Examine what it means to be a health professional in a global environment.
- Demonstrate the range of literacies that inform health care and practice.
Instructions for writing your assignment
- Select one client from Being a Health Professional (NURS 1033) Horizon Community.
2. Discuss the importance of the therapeutic relationship in relation to the role of the registered nurse.
3. Discuss the verbal and non-verbal communication techniques required to establish, maintain and conclude the therapeutic relationship with your chosen Horizon client.
4. Underpin your discussion with relevant, current (not older than 10 years) and peer-reviewed literature (research articles published in scholarly journals).
5. Avoid using terms like ‘me’ and ‘I’ so that your essay is written from the third person perspective.A starting point for readings related to this assignment:
Levett-Jones 2018, ‘Communicating’, in Berman, A, Snyder, S, Levett-Jones, T, Dwyer, T, Hales, M, Harvey, N, Langtree, T, Moxham, L, Parker, B, Reid-Searl, K, Stanley, D, Kozier and Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 2, 4th Australian edn, Pearson Australia, Melbourne, Victoria, pp. 497-498.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (2016) Registered nurse standards for practice in Australia.
University of South Australia 2018 Library Guides: Nursing, “Evaluating Literature”, viewed 16 February 2018