Industrial/ Organization Psychology.
These questions are from “Industrial/ Organization Psychology”-An Applied Approach 8th Edition Author (Michael Aamodt) I am enclosing an example of what and how its suppose to look like.
Are CEO’s being paid too much or are they worth the high compensation packages they receive?
- Is it ethical or fair that a CEO receives a bonus when employees are being laid off or having their benefits reduced?
- Does high compensation for CEOs actually increase company performance?
- Should a company’s number one focus be on making money for its shareholders?
- What might be other ethical factors surrounding this issue?
- Do you think the legal reasons for these workplace practices outweigh the ethical responsibilities of organizations?
- Are companies being unfair, and therefore, unethical by engaging in such activities?
- What are the ethical responsibilities to employees from companies who chose to use such practices?
- What are some other ethical dilemmas that you think could arise from such practices?
- Conduct an Internet search on the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act signed by President Bush. Do you think that act is fair to employers and employees? Why or Why not?
- Do you see any potential ethical dilemmas of recruiting and hiring based on looks? If so what are they?
- Is it ethical to take a less skilled applicant over a more skilled one just because one is more attractive than the other?
- Is it fair or ethical for places like Borgata Casino and Spa to refuse employment to less average looking employees?
- Is there a more ethical way to balance the rights of companies to have attractive people and the rights of people who are perceived as unattractive?
- Do you think that more states and cities should make laws against discrimination of people based on their looks?