List and describe briefly five reasons why, in your view, the U.S. health care system is good..
List and describe briefly five reasons why, in your view, the U.S. health care system is good.
Health Delivery Services Questions
Imagine you are sharing Sunday dinner with your extended family. Over dinner, the discussion turns to health care….
Managed Care and Integrated Organizations
1. Grandpa has heard about this new-fangled expression, managed care. Explain managed care to him in terms that he can understand.
2. Grandpa also wants to know if the military is a managed care system. Give him two reasons why it could be, and two reasons it may not be.
3. Grandma, overhearing the conversation, says that managed care is too complicated for her. She simply wants to know two key differences between her traditional health insurance and managed care.
4. Grandma is intrigued. Now, she wants to know why she should opt for managed care over her current insurance. Give her two reasons why this may be so.
5. During your conversation, the concepts of utilization monitoring and control come up. Explain two methods used to monitor and control the utilization of services under managed care.
6. Aunt Jeanne has been listening quietly and recognizes you’re an expert in health care administration. She wants to know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. Define each.
7. Aunt Jeanne wants to know how many of her older seemingly (financially) comfortable friends ended up using Medicaid for nursing home care. Give her two potential explanations of circumstances under which they may have decided to use Medicaid.
8. Aunt Jeanne then says, “There’s no way in heck I’m going to a nursing home!” Rather, she’d prefer some alternatives to staying in a nursing home. List two alternatives for her (from the text) and describe briefly.
The post List and describe briefly five reasons why, in your view, the U.S. health care system is good. appeared first on cheap nursing papers.