Name the three other sinuses used in air resonance to determine your voice characteristics.
- the nine laryngeal cartilages mentioned in APR:_____
_______________________________________________________________ [all paired]_
- Which is unpaired?______________________________ ______________________________________________
- Name the sinus in the figure at left ___________ ___________________.
- Name the three other sinuses used in air resonance to determine your voice characteristics_____________________________________
- The structure below is found in which body cavity? ________________
Airway obstruction surgery in this location is called _______________________
- The support structure of the trachea are ________________
These are needed to keep the airway ___________ [open] during lower pressure of inhalation.
7.This parietal pleura lines the ___________ __ and is fused to the internal thoracic cavity and medially to ____________________.
- What large muscle does it overlie at its base? _______________________
- The visceral pleurae covers the _____ _________ lobes of the right lung; the _________lobes of the Left lung.
- The space between the pleurae is called the _________________, the location of the lowest pressure.
- The importance of the highlighted structure is ___________ for the heart to sit in in the left lung.
- Examine the pictures of the trachea and bronchi below. Foreign objects falling down the trachea past the larynx would first fall into the left or right bronchus? ________because ____________ _____________.
- Name the highlighted structure below _______________________ __. [Enlarge to see better].
- The most stable of the cartilages of the larynx is the ring shaped cartilage, called _______________ __.
- Inflammation/infection of the cartilage below _________________ is dangerous in newborns.
- The real name for “Adam’s apple” is seen below and called ____”________________________”
Click on the microscope icon and “respiratory epithelium” . What highlighted structure makes up the escalator in the trachea? ________________ ____