Elected Official Mock Interview:
Select an elected state or federal official (legislator) and examine this legislator’s position on a current health care bill of your choice. Following the assignment guidelines below, develop an interview paper as if you were going to interview the legislator.
Issue: Opening paragraph clearly and concisely describes the issue you are addressing. Issue is current and related to health care. The position you are seeking from the legislator (support or opposition) is clearly and concisely articulated.
Bullet Points: 3–4 bullet points clearly explain why you are seeking legislator’s vote, support, or opposition for your issue. The position is substantiated with current literature. Implications for nursing profession and/or patients are summarized.
Conclusion: clearly restates the position you are seeking from the legislator and recommendations related to your issue that you want to see happen.
Literature: Literature cited is peer reviewed and a primary source of information.
Organization, Writing & APA: Paper is approximately one page and single-spaced. APA format (6th edition) is followed and written in APA formal letter format. Written in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner. Information from sources is paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.
Please note: A current health bill is a bill that is actively going through the legislative process and has not become law yet.
Your mock interview paper should include:
• A description of the legislator’s background and history of political involvement
• A detailed summary of the legislator’s current political involvement, constituent groups, number of terms in office, committee responsibilities, and other leadership experiences
• A description of the legislator’s current policy agenda or judicial interest
• 3–4 key interview questions that relate to the health care bill (legislation) you have chosen
• Mock answers to your interview questions. Investigate the answers to your interview questions by looking at the legislator’s website, calling the legislator’s office and speaking with a member of the staff, and/or looking for information and quotes that relate to the legislator’s position on the legislation
• Critical insights, analysis, and personal reflection
• APA format (6th ed.), proper grammar, and references as appropriate
• Three (3) references in addition to the attached link
The mock interview paper should be at least 3–4 pages of content (excluding the title and reference pages), typed in Times New Roman using 12-point font, and double-spaced with 1″ margins. The cover page and references are not counted as content pages.