What role does personality play in health outcomes?.
How do culture and environment influence health? What role does personality play in health outcomes? How do stressful life events influence disease? As a health care professional, you have most likely witnessed the influence of psychosocial factors on individual health. These factors also have a significant impact on population health. Chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and heart disease, as well as degenerative diseases, can be studied at the population level through the use of epidemiologic methods (Friis, 2014). The insights gained from this type of research can then positively impact health outcomes locally, nationally, and globally.
As you continue working on Assignment 2, which is due by Thursday 04/05/2018 Day 5 of this week, consider how psychosocial factors influence your population and population health issue.
In 5–6 pages, APA format with a minimum of five (5) scholarly references (see list of required readings below), write the following sections of your paper:
Section 1: The Problem
1) Introduction (ending with a purpose statement: “the purpose of this paper is…)
2) A brief outline of the environment you selected (i.e., home, workplace, school)
3) A summary of your selected population health problem in terms of person, place, and time, and the magnitude of the problem based on data from appropriate data resources (Reference the data resources you used.)
4) Research question/hypothesis (same as the one in assignment 1. I’m including an attachment of assignment 1 you did for me).
Section 2: Research Methods
1) The epidemiologic study design you would use to assess and address your population health problem
2) Assessment strategies (i.e., if you were conducting a case-control study, how would you select your cases and controls? Regarding the methods and tools, you would use to make these selections, how is it convenient for you as the researcher or as the investigator to use this tool?)
3) Summary of the data collection activities (i.e., how you would collect data—online survey, paper/pen, mailing, etc.)
4) Conclusion of the whole paper.