Choosing Your Focus
Prior to beginning this assignment, review all the required readings from the first three weeks. During this course, you have been developing your knowledge in the area of learning and cognition and in the final week of this course, you will develop a Final Project based on the topics we will explore throughout the course. This writing assignment supports your success on the final project. Prior to beginning this assignment, review the components of an annotated bibliography (Links to an external site.).
For this this Annotated Bibliography, you will research at least five peer-reviewed articles published within the last ten years to support your analysis of one of the following topics:
- Behavior Analysis (previously known as behaviorism)
- Information processing
The topic you choose should be based on the area in which you would most like to develop your knowledge. Your choice should also consider your current interests in psychology and support your future career or personal goals.
There are 4 components to this assignment:
- Introduction: Include your chosen focus area and your motivation for choosing this area to study further
- The Annotated Bibliography itself
- A Conclusion
- A list of APA formatted references.
As you prepare for this assignment, keep in mind that it is designed to assist you with beginning the process of drafting your Learning and Cognition Final Project. You will be using these resources, and what you write in this paper, to support your success with your Final Project.
Review the following sources prior to writing your paper:
After completing your writing, consider a paper review and double checking that all components are complete with an Academic Paper Checklist. (Links to an external site.) It is also recommended that your paper be checked in Grammarly (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)and through Turnitin (Links to an external site.)prior to submission.
The Choosing Your Focus paper
- Must be a minimum of 1250 words, no more than 1500 words, and formatted according to APA style (Links to an external site.) (7th edition) as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that clearly states the chosen construct and your motivation for choosing this topic.
- Must clearly discuss each article in your own words using critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that synthesizes the findings within the articles as they relate to your chosen content.
- Must include a Reference section.
- The Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) guide offers additional guidance on correctly formatting references for the annotated
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your your instructor.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.