Research Design Presentation
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to finalizing your presentation for this assignment, review any feedback received in the Preliminary Research Design Presentation and Feedback discussion. Revise the 7-minute audiovisual presentation you created for the discussion, using PowerPoint, Prezi, Zoom, Jing, Screencast-o-matic or any other presentation software or format with which you feel comfortable. Provide either closed captioning or a transcript of the presentation for accessibility. Ensure that all requirements for the presentation are met. After making any needed changes, submit the final version of the presentation to Waypoint.
The content of the presentation must include the following:
- A brief introduction
- Devise a specific research question related to the topic you chose in Week 1.
- Explain the importance of the topic and research question.
- A brief literature review
- Evaluate published research studies on your topic that you found during your work on the Annotated Bibliography assignment last week and identify two relevant published studies.
- A description of potential methods
- Create an appropriate research approach and design to investigate your research question based on what you have learned about research design options and requirements in this course.
- Provide a rationale for your design choices.
- A discussion on ethical issues
- Apply ethical standards to the proposed research and identify potential ethical issues that would apply. Explain how you plan to address these issues.
- A conclusion
- Summarize the main points of the presentation and reiterate why the proposed research is important and why it should be carried out.
Note to Students: This assignment requires that you produce a visual presentation and supply a spoken audio narrative. You are also asked to provide a transcript of your presentation. If you have a documented disability accommodation that might interfere with your ability to complete this assignment you may contact your instructor to develop a comparable alternative assignment. If you have other issues that you feel may be a barrier to your ability to complete this course or this assignment, please contact the Office of Access and Wellness at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site. For the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.