These are my professor’s exact instructions (I will be including links for you to use below):
The final draft of Essay 1 – Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave” – is due on Sunday, April 14, 2018. Instructions: Write an essay (not to exceed one (1) page) that accomplishes the following:
1. Summarize Plato’s argument clearly identifying the conclusion and the premises.
2. Discuss the link between education/knowledge and suffrage/governance.
3. Discuss Plato’s assessment of democracy as a system of governance and who is best equipped to lead society.
4. Write a critique of Plato’s political philosophy as expressed in the Allegory of the Cave. For example, what could possibly go wrong in a society that is governed by an “elite” group of individuals?
5. Be sure to include a counterexample. (We have to anticipate objections/rebuttals to an argument.)
Plato: https://www.iep.utm.edu/plato/ (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.
The Republic: https://www.iep.utm.edu/republic/ (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.
Socrates: https://www.iep.utm.edu/socrates/ (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.