Special Topic Paper Description:
The purpose of this assignment is to (1) utilize conceptual frameworks to guide the processes of assessment, intervention, and evaluation; (2) critique and apply knowledge to understand person and environment. (3) Recognize and communicate their understanding of the importance of difference in shaping life experiences. You will review recent literature (a minimum of four references) about your chosen topic. The references must be based on information from professional social work literature. At least one reference must also reflect an international perspective. You must identify social work assessment and intervention practices related to your topic. You must communicate your understanding of the importance of how this topic plays a role in shaping life experiences. The paper is to be a minimum of 10 double-spaced pages, in APA formatting, the paper will summarize what you have learned from your research.
Topic: Risk and Protective Factors
diverse group: LGBTQ+ Homeless Youth
Studies of a variety of challenges of living (e.g., physical health problems, mental health problems, role performance problems) have focused on multidimensional risk, protection, and resilience factors encountered by a social worker. Available research suggests that some risk and protective factors are commonly experienced across diverse identity groups. We could think about risk and protective factors in terms of a bio-psycho-social-spiritual framework, identifying biological risk and protective factors, psychological risk and protective factors, social risk and protective factors at several levels, and spiritual risk and protective factors.
Choose a specific “challenge of living” social workers can encounter in their work of interest to you (e.g., homelessness). Review recent literature about this challenge of living with particular attention to whether risk and protective factors are identified. If risk and protective factors are identified, pay attention to where they would fit in a bio-psycho-social- spiritual perspective, e.g., do they identify biological risk factors, psychological risk factors, social risk factors, or spiritual risk factors, and same for protective factors?
1. Conceptual ability: this assignment illustrates the student’s ability to use theoretical concepts accurately, to think in a logical sequence, and to organize ideas into a conceptual whole. It illustrates the student’s ability to respond to contexts that shape practice.
2. Critical thinking: this assignment illustrates the student’s ability to critique, evaluate, and integrate ideas and multiple sources of knowledge.
3. Application: this assignment illustrates the student’s ability to understand the forms and mechanisms of oppression, marginalization, and discrimination, thus advancing human rights and social and economic justice.
4. Research: this assignment demonstrates that the subject matter has been adequately researched and correctly cited.
5. Communication and presentation: this assignment will assist the student in developing the skills to transmit ideas in a written form. It will demonstrate the student’s ability to present material in an organized and grammatically correct structure.
Easy Vocabulary, no plagiarism because it will be uploaded online (also the studypool standard is 15% and below). Cite! Please provide me with email so I can send textbook since Human Behavior In Social Environment theories must be applied. The textbook that must be used and cited as a resource is: Hutchison, E.D. (2017). Essentials of Human Behavior: Integrating Person, Environment, and the Life Course, Second Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
Use at least 3 theories!