– Develop a strategic plan for your healthcare organization
– You have recently been hired by one of the Board members of B.B. Clinic, Spongebob S. Pants as the new CEO.
– As the new CEO, Your assignment is to implement a new Health Information System for the Clinic.
– Mr. S. Pants wants you to develop a Strategic Plan that gives an overview of how you plan to succeed.
Things to Consider:
– Strategic Plan:
– Executive Summary (why Health Information System is needed)
– Vision and mission Statement
– Assumptions (list these)
– Goals and Objectives (list these)
– Steering Committee
– Who represents your committee members/role of individuals
– Meeting goals, priorities, role
– Meeting frequency, times, locations, etc.
– Project Management Plan
– Tools, applications, methods, etc.
– goals defined, objectives, etc.
– project timeline, phases defined
– HIS Roles
– Team members involved in your strategic plan – who/role
– HIS Type, Basic vs Comprehensive – which are you implementing and why
– Steps to go-live
– Phases of implementation – list what may take place during your implementation
– Training Plan
– Support Plan
Include any additional key components of a Strategic plan you think would be important to include to make sure your boss and the organization (the clinic) understands how you plan to have a successful HIS/EHR implementation.